Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center
Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center is a 501c3 nonprofit in the Panhandle of Florida. These gifts will go directly to children that come to them in the height of crisis. ECCAC supplies emergency resources such as clothing, school supplies and other necessities. Each year they serve children and young adults in emergency due to sexual, physical and drug endangerment situations. They will support their education preparedness ensuring each young adult has the supplies and resources, including tutoring, so they do not drop any lower educationally in time of chaos and crisis.
- A child friendly atmosphere for recording interviews, on-site medical evaluations and assessments, utilizing “state of the art” technology.
- Coordination and facilitation of investigative, legal, social, medical and mental health services through a model “team” approach.
- Multi-disciplinary team (law enforcement, prosecution, mental health, social services, child protection team) case reviews and case tracking through the Center’s case advocate program.
- Mental health services – full-time licensed mental health therapists help reduce the trauma abused children suffer. They save and restore lost childhoods.
- Community resources for information, referral and help.
- Professional training and educational presentations at the community, state, and national level.
- Darkness to Light child sexual abuse prevention program targeted at organizations working with children to include churches and daycares.
- Family services fund for immediate critical needs of children and families.
Please visit https://www.eccac.org/ to learn more!